Thursday, May 28, 2009

The NBA Cares......



I'm watching the NBA conference finals. The match ups are quite good and I see from watching the commercials that the "NBA Cares" and I'm sure they do -- as if the rest of us schmucks don't! Next the NBA is going to come out against cancer -- but I digress. I can't help wondering though if maybe the NBA should care more about their on-court image? Is this really the face of the League that NBA is after?

















There is something that says self-loathing to me when a guy treats his body like a doodle pad.

What does it say about a league that is full of doodle pads? Maybe the league should hold classes to incoming rookies attempting to elevate their self-esteem and warning them on the dangers of looking like this.





























As a side note, the NBA could pass on to my black brothers that due to small contrast in skin and ink colors that tattoos don't look that great on them. Sorta looks like an angry 3 year got to them with a sharpie while they slept.

However, I would like to give a shout out to Dwight Howard for not giving in this lemming like behavior to spiro-graph his body.

To me there is no comparison on which athlete looks best

2 comments:

  1. So, you were sitting next to me when I read your post so you know I laughed - but I want you to keep posting! Think of it as writing practice. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom, I can't agree more on the body graffiti. Sort of like "Newspaper Rock" in Canyonland National Park. It's so distressing that this movement has moved to women's basketball and also high school.

    ReplyDelete