Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What's For Dinner?

I have a cat... or rather there is a cat that resides in our house. Her name is Micah --- Mike for short. She's cute and cuddly see here for proof. I was poring her cat food "Seafood Sensations" into her bowl the other day when I noticed what was on the menu in said cat food including this tantalizing description. "Each crunchy, tasty bowlful comes alive with enticing aromas, appealing shapes and an ocean of flavor". Are cats enticed by shapes? Anyway, here is the menu:
  • Ocean Fish Flavor
  • Albacore Tuna Flavor
  • Salmon Flavor
  • Yellowfin Tuna Flavor
  • Crab Flavor
And the all time favorite cat ingredient:
  • A Touch Of Seaweed
My first thought on reading this was

"What, no Blackened Swordfish Flavor?!"

How does Mike cope? The good folks at Purina must really love to eat sushi -- or think that we do. In Purina's defense the pantheon of seafood-like flavors seems to work for my cat since you could put a piece of real albacore tuna sans the "flavor" in front of her and she would turn her nose up at it. In all seriousness, anything resembling fish-like substance in the cat food is listed way down the list of ingredients after potassium chloride, so I'm thinking Mike loves the ground yellow corn as much (if not more) as the salmon meal flavor, let alone the "touch" of seaweed.

Bon Apetit

3 comments:

  1. funny! I especially liked the link to MY blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome aboard, ted. i'll be checking now, so make sure you keep the posts coming!

    very entertaining, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ted, who knew sarcasm could be so funny. Usually I'm not a fan , because I can't take it when its directed to me. However, I loved your musings.

    ReplyDelete