Sunday, January 17, 2010

Dead Man Walking?!

Being slowly frog marched down the corridor in leg irons and handcuffs, incandescent light from half- burned-out fluorescent light bulbs glimmering off my tattered orange jump suit.  Taking one inextricable step after another on my way to that terrible, forboding, unfeeling final destination -- the dreaded electric chair.  That, my friends, is how I'm feeling right now.  A slight exageration perhaps, but not by much. Why, you may ask, is Teddy feeling this way? 

Exhibit A

I have an assignment to speak in church next Sunday. A church whose name, in part, rhymes with "Batter-hay Quaints".  An assignment that was given to me last week and which I have so foolishly squandered by not preparing for properly.  My topic, and I quote: "Filling our homes with Love and the Holy Ghost". Those of my dear reader(s) who know me, know that I am eminently unqualified for said topic.  My wife will attest to that assertion.  So, one week down one week to go.  How, dear reader, will I avail myself of the time remaining to prepare for this daunting task?  You'll have to wait and see. (Assuming I blog in this space again in the next 17 months!).

If this were the only issue facing this humble, mostly infrequent and non-existent blogger. I could perhaps cope.  But as you will see this is not the only thing staring down Teddy P. Robinson this week.

Exhibit B

I have a job interview. It's the second interview in as many weeks.  It will be the dreaded "technical" interview that could last for up to 3 hours! The company is in the health care field that is interestingly enough owned by a church whose name rhymes in part with "Home-In Math-A-Brick'.  An interview that I'm probably not going to do all that well in.

So you see dear reader that is why I have this dead man walking feeling this morning. But now I must eat some corn flakes.


6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're BACK! I laughed (which you know I don't do often)! But I take exception to the wife thing - You are EMINENTLY qualified. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom you kill me! I totally feel for you. I just finished a talk today. I can honestly say that I can't remember ever feeling more like I did not want to prepare or speak than today. You will do awesome on your job interview. Be confident!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you are back. I check often to see if you have resumed your musings and just when I thought this blog was going to go the way of another family blog which shall remain nameless (but whom we all know) here you are again and in rare form I might add. I add a little philosophical thought "When ye are prepared ye shall not fear." Now go and do!! I'll be waiting for a report. And you are Qualified and then some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i concur on all posters - you are more than qualified!!! plus we know you are a hard worker, to boot. good luck in the interview!!! we'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol Tom, I love your posts! You are very smart and very qualified to do anything you set your mind to. You are going to do great in both, your talk and the interview.

    ReplyDelete